Tuesday, February 28, 2012

4th month of my natural journey

 

 


If you have just tuned in to read what I have to say.. WELCOME!!!!!!.. Well In the first post I spoke on what it was like to finally do the big chop. Now here we are 4 months into my growth process and I must say it is going pretty well. I make sure I don't try to manipulate my hair too much. As you can see I have major shrinkage. I don't comb my hair unless I have a head full of conditioner. I deep condition and wash my hair once a week, and co-wash whenever I decide I am going somewhere. I do a protein deep condition one to two times a month, it depends on if my hair needs it. I sleep on a satin pillow case too.. I use a combination of oils like Jojoba, Grape seed, Castor oil, Vitamin E,  Avocado oil, Coconut oil, along with a few Essential Oils like Lavender, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang, and Cedarwood. When I first went back to being natural I missed the length. I didn't miss the relaxer, just the easiness of it all. The ability to throw it into a ponytail at will. As I look at how well my journey has been going, I am happy I did the big chop. I have fun making new things for me and my husband to use for our hair. He is always coming home with something new for me to try out and make a new concoction to see how my hair will react to it. I have been learning a lot everything from what I have read, all blogs and fan pages that I turn to. There are plenty of sources to learn from. You will just learn what will work for you. Not everything is for every one. Just remember your hair is only unique to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment