Monday, July 14, 2014

Hair Date Anyone!!! Do you date your Hair??

So as I am sitting here talking to my husband about my writers block that I seem to have. If you don't know already or it has been a long time I will tell you about my hair date.. Sometimes it is an all day affair. All products I use are from CC's Naturals. You can  receive 15% off your purchase using the code "naturallycamille".

There are times I get a little frustrated.. You see the thing is my hair isn't short anymore. And you forget how long it is once you get through the grueling process of dealing with it patiently.  Well the problem is I am not as patient when it comes to my hair as I need to be or should be. I have posted a blog about my hair routine a while ago and it has changed since then. Not by much but it has. But we are here to talk about hair dates. What I mean by that is taking time out of the day to love on your hair. Washing, conditioning, Deep Conditioning, all of that good stuff..

Well my hair date was today. It was supposed to be last week but what had happened was Steve and I went to New Orleans for the Essence Festival so my hair was partially neglected. I say partially mainly because Steve did do his weekly  detangling session on my hair. (If that didn't happen my hair would have been tragic) So a week later and now my hair loves me again..

So Jezebel started out in a puff that was 6 days old. I didn't want to wash her because I love her at that stage because she just gets bigger and bigger.  But it had to be done. Steve Co-Washed and Detangled my hair and it came out liking me again.. 
 

 ..

Now that was last week. She hasn't had her weekly DC as she is accustomed to, and I could tell she was throwing her usual toddler tantrum this morning. So I had to break out the big guns. I used the Smore's DC Pods first. Now I added a few extra things into the mix because like I said it has been a few weeks since my last Deep Conditioning date. A pic of them are below. I melted them down with a tea made with slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, Sage, Basil, Burdock Root, and Fenugreek. I also  added Wheat Germ Oil, Molasses, Amino Acid, and Aloe Vera Gel to the mix. So this was an awesome treat to add to my hair. And to be honest it smelled like cookies. I guess because it had Cacoa Powder in them. And I let it sit for 30 mins to penetrate my hair.

After that I washed her with the Pina Colada Soap from CC's Naturals.  All of the Body bars that doesn't contain bits of herbs in them, we use on our hair as well as our bodies. I then conditioned my hair. My hair has been dyed red for a while now. I didn't use anything to lift, well because I am a little scared. But the color can be seen in the natural light as a tint. Or you can really tell on my grey strands which is a lot. Now we move on to the rest of the process. I told you it was a long one..

TIP** Remember when you are rinsing out conditioner or shampoo, if you want you hair to hang in the front you want to rinse the hair while it is hanging to the front not with your head tilted back.

Now we move to the process of styling the hair::

NOTE** I do not style my hair when it is damp.. My hair is always soaked and still dripping.

I do use the LOC method. I have tried a few other method but this method has worked very well for me. If you don't know what the LOC method is I will explain it now.

 (L)= Liquid - Tea Rinse- Leave In Conditioner or a high water content product (This is where the moisture comes into play )
(O)= Oil or Butter (You will use this to lock in the moisture. The oil or butter will coat the hair strand so that none of the moisture will escape the strands)
(C)= Cream/Creme - Butter based- more Oil and Butter than Water/Liquid product (You will use this to seal in the moisture.

Ok now that we got that understood here is what I used on my hair and what I will use for the Month.

Today I styled my hair using #s 1,2 and 3. I will be using #1 everyday. There will be days I won't use all of them. 


I have been back to natural for 3 yrs now.  My last relaxer was June of 2011 and I big Chopped in Oct of 2011. 

Well there you have it my hair date!!!! How is your hair date? How long does it take you? Mine took me 2 hrs from start to finish. And it was wonderful. Take the time to know your hair, have patients with your hair, and Don't rush it to grow. Nothing will make it grow faster, or healthier than treating it right. 

Chart your hair growth with pictures. Make a Hair Journal. Know your hairs likes, dislikes and loves. It makes it so much easier for your next Hair Date!!!

Until Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment