Monday, October 1, 2012

What my hair goes through on a weekly basis..

What my hair goes through on a weekly basis...

Ok so it has been a year for me and this hair of mine.. From root to tip.. We are close finish each others sentences.. I loved it from first touch and last memory..

Daily
So I Co-wash my hair on a daily basis or at least 5 times a week right now using V05 Shea Cashmere .. ( co-wash wash with conditioner only.. ).. I do not dry my hair with a towel at all.. But if I do dry my hair it is more of a blotting with a t-shirt.. (Steve never has them once I wash them.. They become mine... Insert evil laugh here)

Then I use CC's Naturals Hibiscus Leave In.. 

In the summer or hot day living in Cali our fall is hot as well.. I use coconut oil to seal in the moisture. Yes the food grade organic USDA approved one.. It does have a melting point of 76 degrees it will liquify but it will be solid below 76 degrees. ( sealing in the moisture is very important.. It is what helps your hair not feel dry or brittle..) 
 Coconut Oil - It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair and it softens the hair and conditions the scalp.

In the Winter months I seal with a Hibiscus Whipped Butter.. It has many different ingredients including Hibiscus, Amla, Rosemary, Castor Oil.. I also include Ylang Ylang and other essential oils in it as well.. 
Hibiscus - Prevents hair loss, Enhances growth of hair, Discourages split ends, Thickens hair, and Prevents premature greying of hair
Amla - Stimulates hair growth, has wonderful conditioning properties, strengthens hair at the roots

Rosemary - Will help stimulate hair growth, fight dandruff and restore luster to your hair 
Castor Oil -  It nourishes hair and prevents the scalp from drying by retaining moisture. Castor oil added to hair care products helps to seal moisture, softens, and visibly thickens hair. Castor oil can also be used by itself on the hair to seal in moisture
Ylang Ylang - Promotes Growth 

Then I use my Hibiscus Flaxseed Gel.. To style my hair.. In this I have many of the same ingredients I have in the Shea Butter mix. I just add marshmallow root to the mix as well as sage at times.. 
Marshmallow Root - Imparts moisture 
Sage - Promotes growth.. 



Weekly
I make sure I treat my hair to a Deep condition weekly. There are so many that I do but I will tell you I make my own. I have a lot of them here on the blog. 

I do a Sugar Scalp Scrub and my scalp loves me more.. 

I detangle my hair using my fingers not a comb. Only while my hair is soaked in conditioner. 

I then do a herbal tea rinse.. With this it has many different things that I use in my tea rinse.. Lately I have been using My as we call it Happy Hair Tea..  In it there is Hibiscus, Lavender, Stinging Nettle, and Green Tea. I brew 3 tablespoons of this in 2 cups of hot water and allow it to cool and after I rinse out the conditioner I pour this onto my hair and massage in it.. I do not rinse it out..

Hibiscus Flower - Prevents hair loss, Enhances growth of hair, Discourages split ends, Thickens hair, and Prevents premature greying of hair
Nettle Leaf - counteract hair loss, prevent and cure dandruff, reduce oily secretions and improve the quality of dry, lifeless hair and stimulate the scalp
Lavender - helps stimulate growth and balance oil production
Green Tea - Stimulates Hair growth, soothes Dandruff and psoriasis, As well as strengthens and conditions.


Monthly 
I cleanse my hair with Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar.. It took some getting used to.. No, the smell does not  linger once your hair is dry. We are used to suds and all of that stuff to think our hair is clean.. But with this it helps cleanse the scalp and hair with out stripping the hair of its natural oils. Apple Cider Vinegar promotes shine and luster to your hair. 

I do what works for me.. And this has been great for me for the longest. I make just about everything I use for my hair and I also sell it.. I am the Owner as well as Steve (my husband) of CC's Naturals..  
You can click on the link and it will take you to our site. 

Along with eating right, exercising, drinking plenty of water and a good hair regimen you will have a healthy scalp and hair..   

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How do you use the sugar scrub?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apply the sugar scrub to my hair in sections.. Like mom used to apply grease to our hair back in the day.. I rub it in a circular motion and after my whole head is completed I put a baggy onto my head for 30 mins. Then continue on with my next step.

      Delete